Sunday, March 30, 2008

March Madness Part 5

Well, I'm screwed. Just as I anticipated, my bracket is totally done, and had the nails put into its proverbial coffin on Thursday night when Tennessee, my pick for national champion, lost to Louisville in their Sweet 16 matchup.

I will not win any money this year, and furthermore, I probably won't even see any really good basketball games. The tournament snuffed out the last of my interest this afternoon when Davidson was finally knocked out of competition by Kansas, one of the four number one seeds that are still in the tournament, and will probably advance to the Final Four. It's frustrating, because nobody really wants to see that. People love a surprise, you know? When George Mason went on their little run a couple of years back, i saw so much green and yellow when I walked into school that I thought I was at a John Deere convention.

But no, there's nothing like that this year. Memphis, North Carolina, Kansas, and UCLA are all still in the tournament, and will probably win their first games next weekend. This is what's supposed to be expected, obviously, because if you're granted a number one seed you're supposed to be one of the best teams in the land, but it's pretty boring.

It's supposed to be March Madness, and there is absolutely no "madness" involved in any entertaining or surprising sense, but I am indeed mad.

No comments: